Sunday, January 15, 2012

Blood Isn't Relevant

My husband and I have been blessed to have many children.  Some are our natural children and some aren't.  But that isn't important.  What is important is the love that we share as a family.  We laugh together, love together and learn together.  There is no difference in treatment between our children.  We hold them to the same standard, regardless of their past.  There is nothing in the future or the present that is holding them back, and that is what we focus on.  I am such a proud mother.  I love my kids so much and am honored that God would choose me of all the people in the world to be a parent to them.  Is it hard sometimes, OH YEAH! But the challenges are outweighed by the joy I feel when they are successful and when they believe in themselves enough to take a chance to move beyond their past and focus on their future.  They have adopted us as much as we have adopted them.  Its a two way street.  My kids are my life, my motivation and it fulfills the purpose that God has for me on this earth.  I know I was born to do this, or at least I think I am.  They know that the future is theirs for the taking and that we will always be here for them... But one thing I know is that I love them and they know I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment