Thursday, December 18, 2014

I...am...changing...

I am changing
Can you keep up with the new me?
Will my past ways of being dictate your current vision of who I am?
Perhaps it's hard to accept,  but I want to be a better version of who I used to be. No pretense. No fear. No anger. No suspicion. No worries. Just trust. And love. And contentment. Don't want to roll the way I used to. Funny though that what I used to do and be is all you can see. Got that measuring stick out when I'm bad,  can't seem to find it when I'm good. Selective memory of what it means to be a real woman with real purpose and real needs and real feelings. If I cant be what you want me to be then don't let me break your stride. Don't let me break your pride.

I shall not disrobe and remove my jewels from my crown to make it easier for you to carry.

I...AM...CHANGING. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment